The challenge for this week is technique and I decided now would be a great time to revisit a challenge that was posted for my blogiversary a while back: Wax Paper Resist Technique!
All you have to do for the challenge is make a card, scrapbook page or any paper project using the Wax Paper Resist technique. You will need wax paper, an iron, glossy cardstock, a paper towel, ink and a sponge or something to blend the ink. If you don't have all the supplies you can enter a project using homemade designer paper, but I hope you get to try it. It is a lot of fun, easy & quick! I did a quick video tutorial for you to see how to do the technique. You will have until Friday night, October 21st to get your creation linked below.
I made this card for my husband when he was deployed.
Here's what I came up with:
Top Note was cut from Elegant Edges at 2.5".
Can you see my wonderful hubby in his green flight suit?Isn't he handsome? LOL!
Card Base: SU Brocade Blue 4 1/4" X 5 1/2" (folded)
Card front: Wild Wasabi 4 1/8" X 5 3/8"
Other Cardstock / Paper: White, Glossy White
Ink: Brocade Blue, Wild Wasabi, Basic Gray
Stamps: SU Loads of Love Accessories and a very old set! I will look it up and add it later.
Accessories: Wild Wasabi ribbon, Cuttlebug & Distressed Stripes embossing folder, Wax Paper, Iron, Sponge, Cricut & Everyday Pop-Up Cartridge, Wild Wasabi marker
You can see the HIMCR schedule of challenges and guidelines HERE! Please be sure and follow the few easy guidelines so your creation will get entered into the monthly giveaway!!!
Just a few guidelines:
1. The current weekly challenge linky will be up until Friday night at midnight MST. Be sure and link your creation back to the actual post and not just your blog home page.
2. When posting your creation on your blog or online gallery please link it back to this challenge. This helps me to spread the word and the FUN!
3. Please create something new for the current challenge and NOT use something you've made previously. However, you can combine a HIMCR challenge with other challenges. It is always fun to complete more than one challenge at a time!
4. The winner of the monthly giveaway will be posted the FIRST Friday of the month!
5. Have FUN!!
6. Let me know if I forgot something!
Thanks so much for visiting me while I am
Hiding in My Craft Room!