Friday, January 13, 2012

On my mind

Oh my goodness!  My little family (ok, it's not so little!) has really been taking up a lot of my time lately.  I love spending time with them and they are all sooooo wonderful.  However, I do need some therapy crafty time every now and again, right?  It took me two days in 10 minute segments to make this card, I didn't do so well at hiding, huh?  We do what we have to do!

Here's what I came up with:

Background design cat from Paper Lace cartridge at 4"
Flowers were cut from Forever Young from 3 3/4" to 2 1/2".

Recipe:
Card Base: SU Bermuda Bay 4 1/4" X 5 1/2" (folded)
Card front:    SU So Saffron 4" X 5 1/4"
Other Cardstock / Paper:   DCWV The Stack 6 & the Cafe Mediterranean stack
Ink:  Bermuda Bay
Stamps:  PTI Blooming Button Bits (sentiment)
Accessories:  Cricut & Paper Lace and Forever Young cartridges, Cuttlebug & Square Lattice embossing folder, SU Fairy Tale ribbon originals, brad

Thanks so much for visiting me while I am
Hiding in My Craft Room even if it is a little at a time!

Don't forget to check out the current challenge, today's (Friday) the last day!

6 comments:

Luanne January 12, 2012 at 9:41 PM

hahaha! same goes with me. I love my family too but we also need crafting time. hahaha! just for 1 card I will finish it after 4 days, lot of stops along the way.

:D
Luanne

Jackie January 13, 2012 at 5:40 AM

I know what you mean about your craft time! It keeps us sane & it's a LOT of fun!!!

Love your card btw! The colors are very bright & springy and that ribbon you used is to die for! TFS!!!

Scrappin Dhilly January 13, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Very pretty card, I know how the family can take over our crafty time, but gotta love em!

Sunshine HoneyBee January 14, 2012 at 2:52 PM

Pretty card. If this took 2 days of 10 mins each day then it would take me 2 days of 1-2 hrs each to get even close to this.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

just by lee January 15, 2012 at 5:49 PM

I am very impressed with what you have done in twenty minutes!! My kids are grown and on their own and I still wouldn't be able to finish in such a short amount of time... lol love the colours too!

Jennipher January 16, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Laurie, this is gorgeous! Love the colors you chose to work with. Nicely done.