Have you seen the infomercial on the new Brother Scan 'N Cut!?! Oh, my! I had to get it and give it a try! I'm so glad I did! This cutting machine is like no other! All you have to do is print or stamp an image, scan it in and then it will cut it out PERFECTLY! And if you are anything like me then you don't want to spend a lot of your crafting time cutting out images!
I know it will do so much more! I can't wait to play with it more and figure it out!
I did a couple of videos to share my experiences so far with the Scan 'N Cut.
This is the Scan 'N Cut - Out of the Box video where I will show you what comes with the machine and then do a quick Direct Cut then watch me get overjoyed as I use the same scan to make the cut larger and cut a mat for my image! Oh my!
In the next video, I demonstrate how to choose one of the pattern preloaded on the machine then Scan in a sentiment and cut it out using the pattern to make a sentiment frame! This feature is going to save me some time too!
Things I wish were a little different:
1. The screen is a bit small but with a 'zoom in' feature I think it would be alright. Definitely not a deal breaker!
2. The screen doesn't stay in the 'up' position well enough as you see in the video. Maybe this just requires a bit of a practice using it. Still, not a huge deal!
3. There isn't a stylus storing place but I have a caddy in between my Expression 2 and my Scan 'N Cut so this isn't really a big issue. Plus, I have a stylus slot in the E2 and I usually forget to put it back and can't find it until it finally decides to just magically appear! It's weird!
4. I REALLY like the sentiment frame that I made in the 2nd video; however, there aren't a lot of options. Some, but not a lot. There are some quilting shapes that might work. I need to look more at the Pattern List. BUUUUUT I can literally scan in any shape and save it either on the machine or a USB memory drive. Also, you can't change the proportions of the shapes which I like and don't like.
5. I wish that the machine hooked directly up to the computer for upgrades. You have to download from you computer to USB memory drive then transfer to machine. There is already an update! Which I love! I'm hoping that this is a machine that will grow! Here's the link to the USB drives that are compatible with the machine: http://download.brother.com/welcome/doch001175/scanncut_usb_r1309.pdf
6. The price was a little higher than I wanted to pay but I think over all it will be worth it. I do NOT have buyer's remorse! I got mine at Amazon.com.
If you have any questions that you would like me to address in my next video please post them in the comment section or you can use the 'Contact Me' button or you can message me through the HIMCR Facebook page! I'd appreciate the input!
Thanks for stopping by today!